YBO Rotary evaporators (also known as “Rotovaps”) are mainly used for distillations/separation applications often used for medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical, chromatography, and petrochemical fields. In summary the system works by increasing the rate of evaporation of the solvent by
- reducing the pressure to lower the solvent boiling point
- rotating the sample to increase the effective surface area
- heating the solution
- then the evaporated solvent then condenses in a cooled glass condenser
- Simple design for one handed operation manually or automatically.
- A unique PTFE sealing system provides exceptional thermostability, minimizes corrosion, and helps to ensure day in day out headache free operation.
- Our Bath offers a dual heating mode for water and oil with overheat protection.
- PID controller offers easy input of parameters and large LCD display for easy viewing.
- Vacuum regulator available